READY TO take action?
Begin a journey of self discovery by taking a holistic look at your health and set SMART goals to help you achieve your desired health outcomes.
Is Functional Medicine Certified Health Coaching (FMCHC) for you?
As chronic diseases are rising in epidemic proportions, it has become increasingly important for people to address lifestyle choices and make changes to unhealthy habits.
Behavior effects health, therefore, individuals, health-care systems and other organizations are increasingly seeking a certified integrative health coach to motivate people to adopt healthier lifestyles. Using various techniques such as mindfulness, meditation and goal-setting a coach can help individuals make needed changes to improve quality of life.
Would you like to:
- Reassess stressors in your life and move towards a better social, psychological and biological response to stress?
- Have an ally who listens, affirms and acknowledges you?
- Find more balance in all aspects of your health?
- Learn tools to adopt a positive mindset?
- Gain a sense of control over your health?
- Explore what matters most to you?
- Know and develop your character strengths?
- Nurture your life with compassion and kindness?
- Explore healthier ways of eating?
- Learn techniques such as meditation and goal setting to help you make needed changes?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Functional Medicine Health Coaching is for you.
Why Choose Me
When you work with me, I believe in your ability to make change and will support you in conquering self doubt. As your health coach, I can specifically assist you with:
- Enhancing awareness of your eating habits and exploring healthier options
- Creating sustainable health supporting habits
- Nutritious tasty recipes/ shopping lists
- Food audits of your fridge/ pantry
- Re connection of your mind/body relationship
- Overcoming stress-related management issues
- Exploring fitness goals that you are comfortable with
Have More Questions?
1. What is Functional Medicine?
A model of care that addresses the underlying causes of disease and engages both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership.
2. Where was the first academic Center for Functional Medicine established?
3. What role does a health coach play in Functional Medicine?
Guide, assist, and support a person who wants to move from just treating a disease, to a model of ‘I want to be healthy and well.’
4. What makes a Functional Medicine Health Coach's training unique?
The faculty consists of internationally recognized thought leaders and experts who are shaping their fields. There is a collaborative relationship with the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). They participate in hands-on, experiential learning sessions and receive individualized feedback during Live Training Sessions.
5. What coaching style does a Functional Medicine Health Coach advocate?
6. Is a Functional Medicine Health Coach recognized by any health coaching approval organizations such as the International Consortium For Health and Wellness Coaching (ICHWC)?
7. How does a Functional Medicine Health Coach connect with their client?
Take the time to understand their goals. Look at where health actually happens such as in communities, kitchens and in homes. Support clients with behavior change.
8. What are some of the tools a Functional Medicine Health Coach uses?
Nutritional science based handouts, Institute of Functional Medicine food plans and Institute of Functional Medicine questionnaires.
9. Which type of illness can a Functional Medicine Health Coach best support?
Chronic Diseases such as Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes, Stroke, MS and Arthritis to name a few.
10. What are some of the techniques that a Functional Medicine Health Coach uses?
Integrate Functional Medicine and nutrition content taught by IFM faculty with coaching content, such as motivational interviewing, positive psychology, mind-body medicine, and character strengths.
11. How will our sessions be conducted?
All our calls will be hosted online through a video/chat channel as it is convenient for clients and allows me to see, hear and talk with you and interact on a more personal level. The best platform to use will be BOTIM. I recommend taking the time to download the free software from your app store and adding my number as a contact 00971-54-7766176.
If you live in the UAE, you have to be subscribed to BOTIM in order to use it. Contact me if you would like to do the first initial session before subscribing.